Types of hosting services
A hosting service is associated with stashing and/or sharing given content on a hosting server run by a web hosting supplier. There are different groups of hosting services utilized for various aims, so let's have a peek at them. Thus, you can conclude what you want, based on whether you desire to create a web page, email box accounts, or to share files with pals and acquaintances.
- File hosting: a solution provided by various web hosts, which lets you share big files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archived documents, etc. This service is also known as file storage, and its only designation is to share files, since it does not offer web site uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either get a randomly created download link for each of them, or you will be able to examine a register of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to load .html or .php web site files in your web browser. Free file hosting services frequently involve ads next to the download links, while a timer compels you to wait for a given stretch of time to perceive them. A given file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you own a paid file storage account, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download straight away, and also there is no restriction as far as the download speed and the file size are concerned.
At present, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting distributors, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more modish "cloud hosting". This is a completely erroneous interpretation of the real connotation of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting system would divide the workload between separate packs of web hosting servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to serving different web site hosting services (electronic mail, disk storage, statistics, DNS, databases, web hosting CP, etc.) So, the file hosting service is just a sort of a storage space hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: akin to file hosting; certain distributors offer a hosting service for images only. This hosting type is good if you desire to share a huge number of pictures with mates or colleagues since the solution is typically free of cost. You will obtain a randomly generated link for every picture or album and you can then share this link. As with the file storage service, .html and .php files are not supported, so the solution cannot be used for sites.
- Email hosting: a solution devoted to taking care of your e-mail aliases. Some companies offer web hosting solutions for sites, but do not supply an e-mail hosting solution. If you want to open an e-mail address with your domain name but do not want to own a site, then the email hosting solution is what you want. You can open mail address accounts and manage them, but there will be no web service for the domains. The e-mail hosting solution involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP mail servers.
- Video hosting: this service enables you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to a specific video, or you can embed the video file in your website that is hosted elsewhere. The advantage of utilizing this method instead of uploading the video clip in a hosting account is that the video file creates a certain amount of CPU load, so with a few videos and a few hundred site visitors, you may have a problem with your web space hosting supplies. Embedding the video will permit you to use as many videos as you wish without worrying about system resources.
- Web site hosting: this is the solution that you require if you wish to run a website. To a certain extent, it embodies all of the aforesaid hosting categories since, along with your websites, you can also host pics and files, you can have databases and mail accounts, upload video files, and so on. At Lonex, for instance, you can take a glimpse at web hosting and dedicated web hosting services that enable you to have all of the aforementioned solutions in a single place. There may be limitations based on the sort of hosting solution that you've selected - a free hosting package, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your site hosting package may be better or worse compared with the normal email/file/video/image hosting plans that are designed for specific content only.